Friday, September 26, 2014

Another re-release...

I mentioned recently that my Reverbnation store is closing down and that I need to migrate some of my archival releases from Reverbnation to Bandcamp. Well, here's another one...



TANTRUM EGO was my first album, which I released in 1999. It was rough and ready and recorded under difficult circumstances on crappy equipment, but I think it still sounds great, and there are some fine songs (if only lyric-wise) on the album. I seem to recall that the album was mixed/mastered the night before I was due to take the family off on a camping holiday in France. I was up til 2.30 in the morning doing the business. As it happens, my PC kept breaking down during the rendering process, so I never got to hear any of the tracks in its entirety while mixing. I'm surprised it sounds anything like palatable in that case.

A certain Mr. Dave Gregory from XTC said some nice words about the opening track, Every Bump In The Road. I was well-chuffed. Possibly one of two highlights of my "career" so far - the other being one of the tracks from HELLHOLE getting mentioned in dispatches by Tom Robinson last year...

In 2000, I did a sort of "companion" release, called MUTANT OGRE (it's an anagram, innit...?) which featured a couple of remixes (one done by the mysterious DJ Arse) plus me singing one of the TANTRUM... tracks in Italian. Geddowdahee, as you might say. Also included on the album were some recordings taken off an answering machine, where I'd asked a number of people to ring my phone and leave some messages which I'd scripted for them. No Oscar-winning performances (sorry, guys...) but all done in a spirit of fun.

In releasing TANTRUM... on Bandcamp, I decided to "enhance" it by bundling-in the MUTANT... tracks. So now you know what way my mind was working back in the day...:-).

I can tell you're not surprised...

Regards,


djp

No comments:

Post a Comment