Sponsored by "70s Music".
Tracked 5 Ric bass parts on the Tascam 2488 using the Line 6 Bass Pod XT. Audio cleanup in AA3 and inserted into the relevant project file in CE5.
Because of the mad, random nature of the track (as you will eventually discover), I decided to "jam" the bass parts rather than meticulously composing/recording as I do, section by section. The 5 bass parts use the same pattern which acts as a counter rhythm to the beats, but the parts start in different places in the track in comparison with the beats. I think I have found the most advantageous starting point, but this being vaguely dub-by, I will probably switch between the various parts, provided I can find enough decent bits within the parts to come up with something...er...decent.
I had a repeat of the issues I had last week with the bass tones changing during the tracking. The situation improved during the course of the session as it seemed that whatever is causing the problem "warmed up". I tried the Fender Jazz Bass in the same set-up after the "warming-up". Sounded fine (very different from the Ric...). I suspect the problem is with the Tascam. Although this doesn't seem to be a problem with dirty contacts, it probably could do with a bit of a clean up. If all else fails, I can always track on the Gulag Mobile. But I'd rather not.
More work tomorrow.